Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gift for my mom

Here is the bag I made my mom. I was in the process of making a zippered pouch to go with it when my sewing machine decided not to work. This was Christmas morning before we left for her house. She was very happy with her bag though. I really liked how it came out too....It was HUGE!! It would make an excellent overnight bag, or market tote.

On the flip side....


I used a Cotton Blossom's Charm Pack by Moda. The lining and handles were made using unbleached Muslin. I really like this Muslin. It is a new found favorite fabric of mine. The fact that it is in-expensive, and neutral is great. I use it to line my tissue cozies too :0) It looks great with this line of fabric with all the browns, blues, greens, reds and orange. I'll be making another one of these bags real soon! By the way the pattern is from JoAnn's Fabric Store. It's like $3.00 for the pattern. There is this one for charm squares and another for jelly roll strips..that's next on my list, for my Grandma.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Nice looking bag, Katherine. I like the fabrics.

Have a happy new year!

Peggy said...

I like the touch of orange in all the colors you used, it really makes it pop!

Kelley said...

Beautiful bag- love it!!

Katherine said...

Thanks Ladies, I appreciate it :0)

annamae said...

darling bag! love the fabrics. ;)