Thursday, December 18, 2008

Market Bag Success Woo-Hoo!!!

I had a custom order for Sandi Henderson's Market bag. I am always a little apprehensive when trying out a new pattern. But I have to say that this pattern was AWESOME!! It was so easy to follow. With colorful pictures, and great descriptions it was a breeze. I think it helped that I followed the directions to a tee.....sometimes I am very bad about that. Maybe some of the success was from doing what I should always do when using Directions...you know following them :0) Here it is...it's so purdy. I made the boxier of the two patterns. Let me tell you I am going to have a hard time handing it over.....


and it is reversible, but the second picture came out funky....


I love it!! I also made 2 handbags for a mother and daughter. One side is the same and the lining is different for each bag. I pulled the teal out of one for the lining, and the one pictures has the lime green. They are both reversible. I think reversible bags are great makes them a bit more versitile. Don't you think? I still need to add buttons and they will be Fini!! Here is a picture of one of them.


Tonight I need to finish Amy Butler's Birdie Sling. I have everything cut and ready to go. As soon as it is finished this order will be complete. Four custom bags in all..Whew. This is my third custom order. YAY!! Just a side note all bags were made using Heather Bailey Fabric. Except for the lining on the two handbags :0) I'll post pics when the Birdie Sling is complete which will be soon.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Very cute! Don't you just love how cheery Heather Bailey fabric is?

Kelley said...

I esp love the second handbag- gorgeous! Green and teals are my fave!!