Saturday, October 18, 2008

Marketing Idea!

Happy Saturday Everyone!! So as I mentioned before, I am process of starting a business. I could not have picked a worse time to do so...Lol. I really need to get more product added to my sites.....but, sometimes finding the time to sew is very limited. Especially lately as my husband has been doing a lot of studying and test taking for promotions in the Fire Department :) Understandable his work comes before my sewing :( Anyway, I have been trying to think of more ways to market myself. If anyone has any ideas please leave me a comment. I am going to leave my business cards in local stores that have community bulletin boards. I didn't want to just pin my card up so I made a little card holder(see picture). I took some card stock I had from an earlier project, cut a slot for the business cards, and attached them to business post cards I had ordered. Then I placed stickers on to spell out "Take One". I think this will be much more eye catching than just pinning several business cards to a bulletin board. What do you think? Feedback, suggestions, and advise is always welcome. I just want to have a successful business at some point. But I know it takes time. It also takes patience(which I do not have much patience AT ALL).

Oh I almost forgot to mention that I have added some Tutorials I'd like to try in the side bar. They are offered by some great sites, check them out if you haven't already seen them. I am in the process of making a few thing of my own, and will be making tutorials for them at some point. Well, hopefully I will be able to get a project or two in today. If not my husband is off tomorrow and I will definitely get something done then! Til next time, Sew, sew, bake(Muffins for the kiddies), and sew!! Also don't forget to enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Sew Craft Blog said...

Cute idea! I'm trying to get an etsy business off the ground and I concur that it's a baaaad time! Good luck with it!

Beth said...

Salutations! I'm Beth from Sew Craft Blog #1 and I just wanted to say hello! I also just started an etsy store. I actually am using it more as a way for people locally to see what I make for a few craft fairs that I am doing in November and December. Good luck to all of us on Etsy! Beth

Heather said...

Hello. I'm Heather at Blue Bird STudio in Sew Craft Blog #1. What a pretty blog you have and your idea for posting your cards is both smart and pretty. Good luck!
Heather