Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pondering My First Quilting Experience!!

So, I have never quilted before. I really want to learn though. I have to say I have been a bit intimidated by the whole quilting process. That is probably why I haven't tried yet. I have been doing a lot of reading of Quilting Bloggers lately and have decided to try my hand at making a quilt. I have been very inspired by reading Crazy Mom Quilts....She's amazing!! There are really so many talented quilters out there that have amazing blogs.

I had considered just doing a doll quilt as a starter, but that's not how I roll....It's go big or go home. So I am going to go a step up and start with a lap quilt(lol, Ok so not that big!). I have chosen to use a jelly roll, and charm Pack from Urban Chicks..1974 Print. Hopefully I am not biting off more than I can chew. Really I am just psyching myself out. The reason...who the heck knows! I also decided I am not going to follow any particular pattern. Yep, I know a recipe for disaster but I'm willing to take that chance. I'll be sure to post my progress.....

No comments: