Saturday, November 1, 2008

What I'm doing this weekend...

This weekend I would like to finish up some of the projects I have started. I have a habit of starting a ton of things at once instead of doing one project from start to finish...I'm so ADD. I've mentioned in a previous post that I am like this...and that I get bored easily..(ADD), so this is why. Plus, I feel like there are so many things I want to sew so I start something, read about something else, get excited, and then start something new....It is what it is!

This morning I have cut everything for my Giveaway Bag and the Matching Wallet. All I need to do is sew it..YAY!!
I also need to finish my Step-Mother's Birthday gift...It's mostly cut. I cut 2 of the pieces an inch too short and need to go to the fabric store for more fabric. That way I can actually finish. I really should not cut anything when I'm dog tired, cause that's when mishaps happen :0(
I REALLY need to finish this one, and have it mailed on Monday. Her B-day is the 5th...so....Wednesday. I think this is feasible. Hopefully it will make it to Vegas in time.

I have also cut, and pinned 3 crayon rolls. These are Christmas gifts..one for my son Devin, and one for each of his boy cousins. It is race car fabric I found in my fabric stash :0) Don't you love finding something in you stash you forgot. It was perfect because I thought I'd have to buy some and I had the perfect fabric here!! It is the same print, but one is blue, one is black, and the other is red.



I also plan to start my friend Abbie's Christmas gift....she already know that I am making her Amy Butler's Birdie Sling, with Joel Dewberry's Chestnut Hill Fabric. Tho I think I need to order another fabric to go with what I have cause I am not 100% about the combo. She picked out the 3 she wanted together, but I dunno if she was 100% about the combo. The fact of the matter is that is all I had for this collection, so she didn't have a ton of options with the combo...we shall see!


I have some charm packs that I need to find something to do with....I am really interested in learning to quilt....I'm a little nervous about quilting. Don't ask why, I just am. But I am thinking of making a doll quilt for my daughter...and giving it to her for Christmas. I found a Tutorials for them HERE, and HERE. I will also be making a diaper for her doll. Diaper Tutorial can be found HERE. Fia keeps asking me for one of her diapers so she can put it on her baby dolls.


By the way The Happy Scrap Swap registration ends Nov. 3rd which is Monday, along with the giveaway entries...Please spread the word so we have more participants. The more the Merrier!! Read my previous post pertaining to the swap, and click on the link to enter :0)

I am officially of to SEW, SEW, SEW up some good stuff. I will post some pics to this post later.

No comments: